AOC Does a 180 on Public Votes
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is pushing hard for the impeachment of President Trump, even though she admits it’s not going to happen. Why is she so keen to waste government time when this country has so many problems that need to be fixed? Well, it’s because she wants to get Republicans “on the record” about their support of the president. The funny thing is, she wasn’t so enthusiastic about getting things on the record when it was one of her policies in the spotlight…
Loudmouth congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants the House of Representatives to vote to impeach President Trump, in what looks like a last desperate roll of the dice after the Mueller investigation went nowhere. Does she expect this impeachment to go anywhere? No. She just wants to make an expensive, time-wasting gesture. And she knows that’s what it is because she said so a few months ago.
- Talking to reporters outside Congress on Sept. 10th, AOC said the House needs to impeach Trump even if it knows the Senate won’t convict.
- She said, “Once the House impeaches, the House has impeached the president. Then that hearing goes to the Senate. If they want to fail it, then I want to see every Republican go on the record and knowingly vote against impeachment of this president.”
- The aim of this, according to AOC, is just so Republicans have it on their records that they supported a president she doesn’t like.
- With so many issues facing the US, like the continuing crisis on our borders and Iranian aggression in the Middle East, it’s criminally irresponsible to waste government time on dramatic and meaningless gestures.
- AOC also seems to have forgotten that just a few months ago she was much less of a fan of public votes aimed at making a statement.
- In March, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell suggested bringing AOC’s so-called “Green New Deal” to a Senate vote. His aim was to demolish this crackpot scheme by showing exactly how little support it had — and, by the way, getting AOC’s fellow Democrats “on-the-record” as opposing the total destruction of our economy.
- Strangely, AOC didn’t seem so happy about the idea of having all this on record. In an outraged Tweet, she called it “wasting votes in Congress to target others ‘on the record’ for leg(islation) they have no intent to pass, is a disgrace.”
- She went on to say, “Stop wasting the American peoples’ [sic] time + learn to govern. Our jobs aren’t for campaigning, & that’s exactly what these bluff-votes are for.”
- In fact, this Tweet was one of the few times AOC has been right about anything since entering politics. It’s a pity she seems to have forgotten her own words.
Copyright 2019, RightWing.org