Berkeley Instructor’s Unhinged Rant
We all know that liberal colleges have a low opinion of the average American, but it’s not often they reveal the true depths of their contempt as openly as one instructor did last week. Venting his loathing of his fellow countrymen on Twitter, the Berkeley philosopher left no doubt at all that he thinks he’s superior to rural people. Of course, he also made it pretty clear that he’s a horrible human being and nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is.
Jackson Kernion is a graduate student at the University of California, Berkeley. He also teaches philosophy, which literally means “the study of wisdom.” Kernion’s idea of “wisdom” spilled over onto Twitter last Wednesday, when he unleashed a tirade of abuse against rural Americans.
- His first tweet said, “I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans. They, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions.”
- Kernion went on to make a number of specific points about what he believed those “bad choices” were, and how he thought rural people should be forced to suffer for them.
- The trigger that started the rant seems to be calls for affordable healthcare in rural areas. While affordable healthcare is usually something that Liberals (and everyone else) support, apparently Kernion doesn’t think this should apply to people who don’t live in urban areas.
- “Rural healthcare should be expensive! And that expense should be borne by those who choose rural America!” he yelped. His argument seems to be that the only way to make healthcare affordable outside city limits is for it to be subsidized by urban dwellers, and this is apparently a Bad Thing — unlike all the other subsidies Liberals support.
- He went on, “It should be uncomfortable to live in rural America. It should be uncomfortable to not move.” Apparently, everyone should move to a city, because he also said, “this nostalgia for some imagined pastoral way of life is stupid and we should shame people who aren’t pro-city.”
- What Kernion doesn’t seem to realize is that the cities he loves so much only exist because of the jobs done by the despised rural Americans. Without people working on farms, land management projects and water supplies, all the cities would collapse in a week. Kernion is basically advocating for his own life support system to be turned off.
- Both UC Berkeley administrators and Kernion have failed to respond to questions about the incident. Kernion later deleted his offensive tweets and made a comment regretting his tone — but not the terminally stupid content.
Copyright 2019, RightWing.org