Get Slimmer With These 10 Foods In Your Fridge
(WellnessPursuits.com) – When I’m hungry, I’m hungry! Unless food is grab-ready in the refrigerator, I will choose starchy, or sugary foods in the pantry that will sabotage my desire for weight loss.
What was needed was a grocery list of foods that would be support weight loss. It needed to include foods that were easy to buy and easy to prepare and I needed enough for several days so they’d be ready for me when my hunger hits.
Here’s a list that works:
- Washed and ready fruit – Wash berries, cut up other fruits like apples and pears… keep them in a baggie and squeeze a little lemon on them to keep them from turning brown. Cut up oranges will stay fine in a baggie or see through container. Bananas are also super snacks but don’t refrigerate them
- Raw Veggies – Cut up each of these ahead of time. Put in see-through bags or containers so you see them and grab…. celery sticks, carrot sticks, raw broccoli, raw cauliflower, sweet peppers and any others you’d prefer
- Nut butters – So many great choices! Almond and Cashew are my favorites. Spread them on the veggies… above
- Hardboiled eggs – Pre-boil a mess of hardboiled eggs… even peel them you think the shell on will get in your way of grab and go
- Chicken, turkey (or even cold salmon from last night’s dinner) – Cut into bite-sized pieces and put them in a see through container. If you can see it, you may reach for it
- Washed Leafy Greens – lettuce, baby spinach, arugula, and/or kale in a clear bag – Eat it right out of the bag or put it in a bowl and sprinkle some olive oil and rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar over it. Top it with a cut-up hardboiled egg or the cold proteins above
- Yogurt – This is a no-brainer, but please read the labels. Choose Greek yogurts with a low to non-existent level of added sugars and no artificial anything
- Nuts – Now don’t go nuts! A small handful only. They’re rich, satisfying and delicious and yes, keep them in the fridge. Almonds and Pistachios top the list, but go for it with Cashews, and Macadamia nuts… no Peanuts… they’re not a nut; they’re a legume… from the bean family
- Iced tea (stevia-sweetened or unsweetened) or lemon water (squeeze a couple of lemons in a quart of water) – Believe it or not, sometimes hunger is really a signal that you’re thirsty. Either way, drinking something that is cold but tasty, can really curb your appetite
- Brush your teeth – Ok this one is not fair. It’s not in the fridge, but if you’re hungry try brushing your teeth before you race for the fridge. You may be really surprised at the change in your appetite!
There you have it. This is a list that works for me, and I’m a hard case when it comes to food. It has to look good and taste good, and it better be there without a lot of work when I’m hungry.
Here’s to your Healthy Pursuits!
Copyright 2020, WellnessPursuits.com